Active Risk Manager
Active Risk Manager - Project & Enterprise Risk Management Software
Enterprise Risk Management Software
Successful organizations have world-class enterprise risk management.
Active Risk Manager (ARM) is the world’s leading Risk Management software solution. With its robust and unique integrated approach, ARM is the only solution that addresses the risk management needs of the entire organization. From assessing and managing project risk and program risk through to strategic business planning and ensuring compliance, ARM helps organizations identify, analyze, control, monitor, mitigate and report on risk across the enterprise.
ARM is the award-winning Enterprise Risk Management platform used by some of the world’s most respected organizations including London Underground, EADS, US Department of Homeland Security, UK MOD, Bechtel and Skanska. We’re the trusted risk management solution for organizations in high risk aerospace and defence, energy, governmental and infrastructure industries.
Combined with the full Enterprise Risk solution portfolio including Sword Audit Manager, Sword Compliance Manager, Sword Policy Manager, Sword ViewPoint and Risk Express, Sword GRC’s Enterprise Risk Management Software offers a complete solution to provide a single view of risk within your organization.
ARM is a comprehensive, intuitive tool that makes Risk Management SIMPLE, VALUABLE, and PERSONAL for everyone in your organization.
Benefits of Active Risk Manager for your Enterprise
Benefits for Senior Executives and Corporate Leaders
Risk dashboards provide greater certainty of business objectives such as earnings and cash flow volatility.
Increased accountability, risk ownership and visibility improves confidence of governed Three Lines of Defense risk management process
Risk roll-up provides full transparency of the potential business impact of every risk in the organization, enabling a single view of risk from the top-level down.
Benefits and Features for the Risk Professionals
The ARM Platform’s centralized risk registers eliminate disparate spreadsheets and other silos of risk information.
Control libraries, templates, risk management tools and testing that provide assurance that current risk management processes and controls are effective.
Standard Risk Reports which can be customized make it easy to communicate risk across the organization and fit to your business objectives.
Enterprise Risk Management for the Project Risk Professionals
Features of Active Risk Manager include Advanced risk scoring displayed in heatmaps to prioritize risk mitigation activities and powerful risk impact analysis to remove uncertainty from your projects.
Provision management built into the platform helps control the early drawdown of contingency funds on projects and programs leading to on-budget project delivery.
Role-based views and risk management tools and apps simplify data entry and viewing of risk information to accelerate process adoption and help involve and empower all staff in the enterprise’s risk management.
Active Risk Manager Brochure
Active Risk Manager 2022: Features & Benefits
Find out all the latest features and benefits in ARM 2022 Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Software.
Watch the Webinar
Learn more about what’s in ARM 2022
Active Risk Manager Software Features
Risk Management Dashboards
Instantly access the key information and areas of risk that require your immediate attention and any actions that are due through ARM dashboards.
- Create personalized or generic risk dashboards for the entire enterprise to provide a visual overview of the organization’s projects and potential risks to drive decision-making.
- Drill-through directly to records that require attention and make changes immediately.
- Utilise a combination of chart, table and calendar widgets included in the risk management platform to visualize risk data to make it insightful and meaningful to individuals on the front line, project management level and board level.
BowTie Risk Analysis Tools
ARM BowTie functionality allows users to create classic Bow-Tie risk analysis structures to identify causes and consequences along with the preventative and reactive controls to reduce the likelihood and impact of a central event occurring.
- The BowTie function is suitable for use in a workshop environment to collaboratively capture risks and mitigating controls along with threats, recovery strategies and consequences.
- Quickly identify critical controls that apply to multiple risks and should therefore be focused on.
- Users of Active Risk Manager can create a BowTie library so that previously created BowTies can be applied and amended to fit new projects.
- Export BowTie structures and diagrams to PDF to easily share ahead of Risk Review sessions and visually explain risk and mitigation to stakeholders.
ARM Visualizer displays the inter-relationships which exist between risks and different projects, departments or business units. It enables the analysis and interrogation of risk information from a ‘bigger picture’ perspective to highlight risks that are far-reaching within the enterprise so that they can be prioritized for effective risk mitigation or to capitalize on opportunities for positive risk-taking.
- Picture the complex inter-connected nature of risks in an enhanced visual representation to encourage risk data analysis.
- Create context for risk records by identifying where they exist within the organization and if they are linked to any KPIs, KRIs or regulatory requirements.
- Highlight any records that are used within multiple BowTies and therefore require greater consideration.
ViewPoint Risk Reporting
ViewPoint is ARM’s risk reporting solution that comes with a set of standard risk reports out-of-the-box which can be used or modified to fit the organization’s risk audit and compliance needs. Creating custom reports in ViewPoint is as easy as simply dragging and dropping a field on to the report to return the specified data.
- ViewPoint makes it easy for users to build custom reports within Sword’s Enterprise Risk Management platform without prior report building experience due to its familiar and easy to learn report builder interface.
- A suite of standard reports can be used by the organization as soon the enterprise risk solution is implemented but also provide a template for effortlessly building custom reports.
- Slice and dice data using powerful filtering to get straight to the information at hand.
- Visualizing data is simple using the set of charts and graphs which are embedded within the solution.
Risk Express Simplified Risk Management Interface
ARM Risk Express is designed for Risk Owners to participate in the risk process through an easy to use, light-touch interface designed specifically for them. This subsection of our Enterprise Risk Management tool enables full enterprise engagement by providing the specific information needed for users to carry out their role in the risk management process.
- A simplified interface which can be accessed on mobile devices, ARM Risk Express focuses on enriching the Risk Owner’s engagement by providing them with simplified lists of the risks and actions that require their attention and input.
- ARM Risk Express is a real-time database containing all the validation and static data from the ARM desktop solution to share a common view and assessment of what risk means to the business. ARM Risk Express Overview
Schedule and Cost Impact Analysis Tools
ARM features quantitative impact analysis to quantify the likely cost and time to completion of a project using Monte Carlo Analysis. Identify the risks that are most likely to delay a project or exceed the enterprise's project budget so that these risks can be focused on to ensure the successful project outcome.
- Produce risk adjusted Gantt charts to display where risk and uncertainty is impacting the schedule and drill in to inspect the mitigating actions that are required to keep the project on track.
- Save the results of each analysis so that they can be re-visited and shared easily across the organization.
- Compare different scenarios together to identify the risks or actions that ensure that the project is executed to time and budget.
Sword Verify is a mobile safety checking and control verification app designed to help minimize near-misses and incidents, removing your organization's reliance on traditional paper-based checklists and forms. Sword Verify expands Active Risk Manager’s software reach to encompass all operations and to help close the loop on the risk management process.
- The Sword Verify app enables risk management professionals and operators to verify that the required controls are in place to use equipment and conduct their work safely.
- Stop work notifications will be issued to inform users when it is not safe to continue working and immediately notifies risk and control owners of the alert.
- Risk management and control owners receive scheduled control verifications to measure the operational performance and efficiency of the organization’s critical controls and entire risk management process.
ARM Key Risk Indicators
Encourage a pre-emptive risk culture in your organization through the monitoring of Key Risk Indicators to provide insights into gaps and weaknesses within your risk and control environments.
- KRIs can be added manually or added and updated automatically through an excel import or API integration, enabling metrics to be fed into ARM from third party sources or solutions.
- Define the KRI status: ‘Leading’ KRIs are preventative early indicators of risk exposure; ‘Lagging’ KRIs are reactive and apply once an event has occurred.
- Associate any risk from across the enterprise to your KRIs so that the risk owner is notified when any change in risk exposure takes place.
Via an OData REST API, Active Risk Manager (ARM) Software can be integrated with other applications such as Tableau, PowerBI, Excel or data warehousing solutions to gather data across the whole organization for enterprise reporting or risk analysis.
- ARM’s REST API is flexible enabling it to integrate with a whole host of other solutions to support the risk management process.
- Integrating ARM with other applications is simple and requires very little technical knowledge meaning data can be extracted in the matter of minutes.
- Personalized Access Tokens ensure that users are only exposed to the data that is available to them, guaranteeing that ARM’s robust security model is followed.
There's a better way to manage risk.
Enterprise & Project Risk Software. Governance, Risk & Compliance. Out of the Box. Get a free demo today.
Risk Management FAQs
What is enterprise risk management software?
Enterprise risk management software enables you to take an organization or enterprise-wide approach to risk management, governance and compliance. Often abbreviated to ERM, enterprise risk management software provides a framework for managing risk helping to protect an organization from threat or harm, whilst meeting business objectives and identifying or creating opportunities to enhance business performance.
Why use enterprise risk management software?
Risk management software can provide risk managers with a largely analytical tool to help identify potential problems – to a project, initiative or business operations – before they occur, manage risks throughout the project lifecycle to help reduce adverse effects upon the attainment of project or wider strategic objectives.